27. mai 2012

Stool redo

Still in hospital, the needle in my arm has been replaced with a new one and all the bacterias in my body has been killed except for the ones actually making me sick. But it feels like things are changing so I’m hoping I’ll be able to go home soon.

The last of the projects from my “playing with colors” weekend is this stool. As I do with most of my projects, I forgot to take a before picture. But it had its original silver colored legs and the seat had some sort of fake fur on it. Not really ugly, but very, very boring.

I took some scraps of fabrics and sewed them together to make the seat cover. The legs I covered with strips of fabric that I just twirled around. That bit I was not too sure of so I just fastened the fabric with double sided tape. Think I’ll end up removing it ant spray paint the legs in pink or turquoise instead, but for now I’ll leave it to see if it grows on me.

19. mai 2012

Tablerunner with a spring feeling

As I mentioned in a previous post I was playing with colors a few weeks ago. Since then a lot has happened that made me postpone a lot of my current projects. I’m currently admitted to the hospital, nothing life threatening but I’ll be stuck here for a few weeks. (Thank god for portable computers and public wifi) But today I was allowed to go home to get some clean clothes and used the opportunity to take a few pictures of the second and third color project.

This table runner was inspired by my tea-cups turned flower pots. There really hasn’t been much spring time in Norway this year (last weekend it was snowing) so I decided to make it feel a little like spring inside instead. All the fabrics are new except for the back that’s from an old sheet.

As you can see on the pictures there is some air between the layers. It’s not as bad as it might seem in the picture and if it had been bothering me I could have avoided the problem by quilting the two layers together. But I’m not crazy about that technique so I’ll just leave it as it is

By the way, I had a few requests about a tutorial for the potholders in my previous post, and I will be making one as soon as I get out of the hospital.

9. mai 2012


I mentioned in my previous post that I had been playing with color and some of what I made were these potholders.

I had some leftover squares from when I sewed some scarves a while back. I have been thinking about what to do with them for a while, and finally I ended up with these potholders. They may not be to everyone’s taste, but I love the overdose of pattern and colors they provide J


1. mai 2012

Lace lampshade

For the last couple of days I have been playing with colors. But my camera ran out of battery just as I was going to take pictures, so I’ll have to wait for a few days before you get to see what I did.
But what I can show you is my lampshade make over.

Some may have seen this project. A good idea that that looked god in a picture, but didn’t work in real life. The best part of it was the beautiful pattern it made on my wall when it was lid at night and I have been thinking of a way to recreate that ever since I dismantled the first shade.
When I stumbled upon this blog it inspired me to try again but with a little different approach.
The lamp I bought at a flea market about 10 years ago. I love the base but could not stand the shade. Thinking I would get a brilliant idea I just left it as it was. Year went by until I got so annoyed whit the shade that I just tore of the fabric and left the shade empty shell. That empty shell was perfect for my new lampshade idea.

I got all my laces and ribbons out and decided to go for a neutral color scheme. I used my glue gun to attach the lace to the frame and then just wrapped one layer at the time till I got to the top. I have to say that this is one of the easiest and less time consuming projects I have done in a long time, and I’m very happy with the result and unlike the previous project this lamp works in both reality and in pictures.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...