15. mars 2011

Pimp my puzzle...





I like paper, and for the last 12 years it’s been the main component of my work. It started as an absolute necessity but developed into a passion. I called my first projects “paper mosaics” (Can be seen here and here) But eventually it became too time consuming, and the projects were longer and longer apart. But still I needed something to do, and when I stumbled on a picture of a collage on top of a puzzle I knew it would be the perfect project for me.



But if I had known then what I know now I would probably never have started because it took me exactly 8 months to finish. Why… because some projects are doomed to end up as unfinished whatever in the back of a closet. But I live in a very small house so not finishing isn’t an option. That’s why all the unfinished pieces have been staring at me from my working desk until the next collage revealed itself. (I don’t have a plan when I make pictures; they just appear while I sit at my desk)




But all is good that ends well… because it was during one of these “dry” periods that I decided that dominoes would be a good idea :)



2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Love the puzzle pieces ! I have a small box put away for someday - you have fit a lot of style on a small piece !

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs sa...

These look amazing. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...